Monday, August 29, 2011

Aaradhya says PAPA!!!

This one happened a few months back. I was out of India for 5 days. Now 5 days is a long time to catch up on a lot of things, especially if you are a toddler. So when I came back I was expecting something new out of Aru and Amu. In the morning, while I was busy reading a newspaper and Aru was busy fiddling with two toy cars, I heard the unthinkable. Aru said PAPA. I quickly folded the paper and looked at Aru in disbelief, not able to believe if I had heard it right. Aru was smiling at me and he repeated himself... PAPA. Suddenly there was a guitar and a sitar playing in the background for me. Before the music could reach a crescendo Aru turned to one the the toy cars, looked at it and said... PAPA. He then turned to the other car and said... PAPA. And I turned back to the newspaper. The guitar and sitar had long gone quiet. And now all my requests of "Where is papa?" are met with him promptly pointing a finger towards one the paintings on the wall. Sigh!
Nitesh

No comments: